Introducing the Mercedes-Benz Metris Weekender
If you’re an avid adventure-seeker who frequents the Cascades or can often be found road tripping along the Oregon coast, you’ve probably taken interest in the Mercedes-Benz Metris Weekender. This innovative camper van evokes nostalgia with its pop-up top, but has been modernized in the interior with luxury sleeper solutions and advanced convenience and safety features. Learn more details about the Metris Weekender with Mercedes-Benz of Eugene, below!
Mercedes-Benz Metris Weekender FAQ
What is the time frame for a buildout?
- Conversion companies are generally five months out for the Metris Weekender Van and eight months out for the Camper Van.
How much does a blank van cost?
- The Metris Weekender uses blank Metris Passenger Vans that currently start at $35,580 MSRP.*
How much do van conversions cost?
- The cost depends on the type of conversion you’re planning. We’ve found that Weekender Vans are generally in the $28k range, and the Camper Vans are in the $37k range.
Can I test drive a van?
- Yes! We have both cargo and passenger vans in our inventory that are not yet converted.
Can I get a van that is already built out so I don’t have to wait?
- Mercedes-Benz Vans contracts with Peace Vans to build the Metris Weekender, and production has been halted due to COVID-19. We are referring our customers to other conversion companies like Keystone Coachworks (local) and GTRV (Santa Rosa, CA). Once you purchase the blank van, the wait for a build slot is currently 6-12 months, depending on the extent of the build.
How Was the Metris Weekender Created?
Also referred to by Mercedes-Benz as the “Metris Getaway,” the Metris Weekender is a collaboration between Mercedes-Benz, Driverge Vehicle Innovations, and Peace Vans.
- Driverge Vehicle Innovations is a part of the MasterSolutions™ program that provides a lot of support for Mercedes-Benz vehicles, including our van lineup.
- Peace Vans is one of the largest classic camper van repair and restoration shops in the United States.
Together, they created a modern classic for those from Springfield to Corvallis seeking the great outdoors with one simple, comprehensive, and adaptable vehicle.
What Are the Key Features of the Metris Weekender?
How is the Mercedes-Benz Metris Weekender different from the standard Mercedes-Benz Metris Van? It’s built off of the Metris Passenger Van body, but is equipped with numerous exclusive feature additions designed for life on the road. The Metris Weekender comes standard with the following features:
- Elevating roof with a 78” x 42” sleeping area for two. Including an integrated spring system, 2” memory foam mattress, 3 windows, and USB ports for lights, device charging, and more.
- Multipurpose rear bench seat that converts to a 80.7” x 53.5” bed to sleep two more individuals. When folded as a bench seat, it moves along a rail that can be positioned into four locations, allowing additional room for varying cargo needs.
- Swiveling front seats rotate 180 degrees to allow your van to quickly turn into a multipurpose lounge. Whether doing work after getting off the trail, sharing a meal, or playing cards, the reconfigured space with seats fully swiveled adds a whole new dimension to the Metris Weekender experience.
- Standard on every Mercedes-Benz Metris Weekender package is a second battery to power your devices, light up your nights, or suit any of your other campsite needs!
Optional Mercedes-Benz Metris Weekender Features
The aforementioned highlights all come standard in the Mercedes-Benz Metris weekender. If you want to take your adventuring up a notch, consider these available add-ons:
- Off-Grid Power and Integrated Solar Panels, preparing you for extended trips with built-in solar charging capacity
- Upgraded audio and navigation features to improve your road trip experience
- Various personalization options with the world class 3M auto body wrap materials. The Weekender can be wrapped in any one of 200 available colors.
- Roof Racks for hauling surfboards, extra storage, or skis for the slopes
- A pullout rear kitchen
Camping Feature Upgrades
- 8-foot awning for shade and rain protection
- Mosquito/bug screens for the rear hatch and sliding doors
- A tent that quickly attaches to the rear lift gate for added space and privacy
Metris Weekender Safety Features
The Mercedes-Benz Metris Weekender is built to keep you and your passengers safe on the road, no matter what conditions you may encounter. Standard safety features include:
- ATTENTION ASSIST®®
- Rearview camera
- Crosswind Assist helps stabilize the van and boosts safety in strong, gusting crosswinds.
- Load Adaptive Electronic Stability Program (ESP®) actively intervenes to help keep the van firmly under control by automatically braking individual wheels and reducing engine power to help stabilize the vehicle if wheel spin, understeer, or oversteer is detected.
Metris Weekender Quick Specs & Dimensions
- Towing Capacity: 5,000 pounds
- Service Intervals: Up to 15,000 miles between intervals
- Rear Cargo Space: 49.2” x 31.5” x 16.5”
- Cargo Space Under Bench Seat: 25.6” x 21.7” x 10.2”
- Van Height w/ Pop-Up Roof Elevated: 78”
Start a Van Conversion with Mercedes-Benz of Eugene!
Mercedes-Benz of Eugene sells vans – and not just to Roseburg commercial customers. The Metris Weekender is one of the best ways to get more out of Oregon and the country! In fact, if you happen to be one of the first 100 owners of a Metris Weekender, you get a free National Parks Pass to start exploring with your van into some of the greatest protected natural areas in the country. There are National Parks right here in Oregon, the Pacific Northwest, and beyond!
Contact us to register your interest and become one of the first to own a Metris Weekender. You can also arrange a test drive in a passenger or cargo van to get a behind-the-wheel experience. Before you move forward on a blank van, be sure to review our commercial van specials!